Thursday 10 October 2013

Monochrome 'must have'

 

French Connection 'paint checked Richie dress', shoes Jimmy Choo, bag Lulu Guinness
 
 
I'm not usually keen on wearing black, preferring instead warm shades or at least some bright accessories to add a colour accent. As a result I haven't really been gripped by this seasons very popular monochrome look. However, all that changed when I spotted this cute little dress from French Connection's AW2013 collection. I love the simplicity of its shape and design, perfect for my limited height (all of 5ft 2ins) and size.
  
I can always rely on French Connection when I'm looking for that special outfit. Although slightly more expensive than normal high street stores, their styles remain favourites in my wardrobe for many years and are therefore worth the extra cost.
 
I wore this outfit for a friend's surprise birthday party last weekend and couldn't help enhancing it with two of my most favourite and treasured accessories. My Lulu Guinness Lips clutch (an anniversary present) and my gorgeous red Jimmy Choo Abel pumps (bought on a fabulous trip to New York last December with my daughter Lisa). What more could a girl want!!!

Now that I've got the monochrome bug I will be adding French Connection's 'snow bow silk dress' to my autumn wish list, I do have a birthday coming up shortly. Here's hoping!!!

French Connection 'snow bow silk dress' (picture from website)
 
XXX
 

No comments:

Post a Comment