Wednesday 12 March 2014

Chanel Le Vernis 167 Ballerina - Re-release of a little gem!




Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 167 Ballerina, £18

Recently Chanel have been re-releasing some old favourites in their nail colour collection which is great news  if you're an avid collector like me. One I'd always wanted to get my hands on was this beautifully delicate pink Ballerina, reminiscent of my youth spent in ballet classes, the pink of ballet shoes and wrap around cardigans, happy times!!!

Anyway, while I was never destined to be a prima-ballerina, the words 'fairy elephant' spring to mind, I can still indulge my love of nail colours and this one is no exception. It is so delicate and pretty, giving the look of a french manicure with just the slightest hint of pink, perfect for a classy daytime look although your nails should probably be in better condition than mine to really show it off to full effect. I found it needed three good coats for an even coverage and to prevent streaking. It did start chipping 24 hours after application but I hadn't used a topcoat so that should prolong it's look.

Although this colour is far less dramatic than some recent polish releases, with Spring appearing to be finally on the way (fingers crossed) this is the perfect colour to complement some of those pastel buys hiding in your wardrobe just waiting to be unleashed with the event of the warmer weather. This would also make a great varnish for a bride on her big day, just enough to offset that beautiful shiny new wedding ring. Whatever your needs, this would be the perfect addition to any nail addicts hoard.

Thank you so much for all your recent comments on my blog, they are really appreciated, making my day. I will always leave a reply so check back for a quick peek sometime.

Have you been tempted by any of Chanel's recent re-releases?

Deborah
xxx




4 comments:

  1. I am so so so in love with that polish colour! What a beauty <3

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so delicate and pretty, I love it too x

      Delete
  2. I heard so many good things about this colour - I know it was many a bloggers favourite a little while back!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it last time round so was so glad when Chanel re-released it. It is quickly becoming a favourite, a very useful shade in my ever growing collection! x

      Delete